Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
after X-Men #45 >
"Scars"

Scars

Warnings: Mature themes throughout the story, dealing with rape, torture and the psychological traumas of imprisonment in a concentration camp. Sexually explicit scene in Chapter 23.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Author's Notes

Scars

PART 5

And what is your purpose for being here?

Eric sips the chilled wine slowly, letting the cool chablis linger soothingly on his tongue. The wine, along with the aged cheese and crisp apples lend themselves well to his current introspective mood. The rising voices in the living room, however, do not.

He sighs. Gathering the carafe and cheese tray, he prepares to seek out quieter surroundings for his thoughts. Until he hears one voice above the rest. Distinctly southern. Definitely angry. Punctuated by the sound of a fist thundering onto a tabletop.

Eric raises an eyebrow, intrigued. One of the few clear memories he has is of this woman. He recalls her by his side in the Savage Land, eyes flashing emerald in the sunlight as she convinced those who had no reason to, to trust him. He remembers, too, the many fascinating conversations they had then.

In the beginning, he had used their late-night talks merely as an excuse to delay the inevitable return to sleep. For with sleep came the ever-present nightmares of his own internment. Scars? No. Scabs. Wounds that would reopen over and over again as soon as his body betrayed him by succumbing to the need for rest.

He had quickly realized Rogue was more than a simple diversion. If her words stemmed from heartfelt emotion, still, the reasoning behind her thoughts was sound. Quite passionately, she had driven home the point that he could not hope to save an entire race unless he were willing to commit to the salvation of a single member. He had remembered her words yesterday when Charles requested his assistance with the young Acadian.

From the next room, Eric hears his own name mentioned. It is enough to further pique his interest. Quietly, he moves the carafe and tray to a counter near the kitchen door and settles onto a stool. He chuckles quietly to himself as Rogue responds to a comment from Scott with a particularly valid, if sarcastic, observation.

 

Continued in Chapter 6.

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines