(un)frozen

Note: Inspired partially by something written in Mice's version of Bobby's biography.


A Bitter Reunion
by MsMeow

Judy sat down, defeated, on the floor. Loud heavy metal music blared from her oldest daughter's room, but it wasn't able to drown out the screams of the baby, or the other two children fighting over their video game. She covered her ears and closed her eyes. "This is not happening," she whispered. Rocky had took off six months ago with some stripper going by Tabbi Kitean, leaving her to face this hell alone.

She couldn't take it anymore. She had to get out of the apartment, even if was only for five minutes. So she left.

She wandered around town, blindly for quite sometime. All of a sudden someone said, "Judy Harmon?" She looked up into the face of Bobby Drake. She saw him and realized that she couldn't hold back the tears any longer. She started sobbing right in front of him.

The next thing she knew, she was in Starbucks with him wiping her tears away with a napkin. "I can't believe I broke down in front of you like that," she told him, her voice still shaky. She looked at him. "Why'd you break up with me, Bobby," she asked him.

"You broke up with me," he said. "Actually, you ran away screaming from me."

"Oh yeah," she mumbled.

Bobby leaned back in his seat, trying to take all of this in. Judy looked awful, and he felt sorry for her. But he also felt angry towards her, because of how she had reacted to him that night. He had been in love with her and she had crushed him.

"So what's been going on with you?" he asked her.

"I married Rocky Beasly," she said, softly. She saw anger flare in his eyes. "We went to the same college and he had changed. Atleast until the day after our wedding. He did everything in his power to hurt me. He even turned the kids against me. All of a sudden I'm pregnant again and he's ran away with a stripper. Now I've got four kids, no job, and no husband."

"So, right now you're wondering if I'm gonna help you out," he asked.

"Please, Bobby," she begged.

"No. Judy, I don't know if you remember but that night, you hurt me and despite the fact that I'm not one to hold a grudge, I can't just let that go," he said. He wrote something on a napkin. He handed it to her. She looked at it and saw that it was a phone number. "Get yourself out of this mess and call me when you can think of something to do besides ask me for a handout," he said. He left.


Bobby returned to do the Institute a few hours later. The little red light was flashing on the answering machine. He pressed the button on it.

"You have two messages," the computerized voice announced.

The first one was for Jean. The second was Judy.

"Hey, Bobby," she said in slurred voice. "I was thinking that I was wrong for asking you for a handout, when the way out of my problems should've been so clear. Don't worry, I haven't done anything stupid like cut my wrists. This way is so much easier. This way I just fall asleep." He heard her phone click off.


One week later.

Bobby stood at Judy's grave. Henry was next to him. Not knowing what to say despite his intelligence, Henry asked, "Are you okay?

Bobby glared at him. "Of course I'm not okay. She asked me to help her and I didn't. I pushed her to do this. How am I supposed to feel?"

"You can't blame yourself for this. Judy was unhappy, even if you had helped her she would've still done this," Henry told him.

He nodded. "You're probably right," he said, turning to Henry. "If you don't mind, I kind of want to be alone, right now"

After Henry left, Bobby sat down. "Judy..." He paused, trying to find the best way to express how he felt. "I'm really sorry that you were so sad with your life that the only way you thought you could escape it was through death," he said. "But I'm not sorry for what you did to me."

He stayed there for several more hours before going back to the Institute.

The End


-(main) - (biography) - (discussion) - (stories) - (pictures) - (links) - (updates)-