Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
Sillyfics >
"The Super Beings Bureau Saga"

Stories in this series

A series of short stories about the Super Beings Bureau, someplace all super-powered types have to visit at one point or another, and Ann Miller, a long-suffering, perfectly ordinary person who wants to be a super hero in order to help people.

A Hard Day's Work
Magneto returns to the Bureau for the annual renewal of his super-being license.

So You Want to Be a Superheroine
A perfectly normal, well-adjusted woman named Ann applies to be a superheroine.

What They'll Do for Love
Sick of all the hurdles shoved in their paths, Rogue and Gambit demand a marriage license.

Office Gossip
The hard-working folks at the Super Beings Bureau discuss the most recent events at the office.

What's a Super Heroine to Do?
Trying to "help" Ann become popular, the Bureau places her with Generation X.

What a Super Heroine Should Be
The people at the Bureau make one last-ditch attempt to show Ann how to be a super heroine.

Power Hungry
Trapped in the office for nearly 2 weeks during a power outage, the folks at the Bureau -- and the long-suffering super beings who just came to renew their licenses -- must endure hunger, boredom and each other.

Effects
Clients of the Bureau visit the dentist. <Shudder>

A Super Heroine's Life
Ann Miller and Ms. Marvelous go on the Susan Smith Show to discuss their respective lifestyles as super heroines.

Ann Miller about Her Latest (blah-ish) Outing
While her frustrated Writer struggles to rewrite/revamp/redo/re-whatever Ann Miller's last appearance, Ann tells the folks at home what's going on.

Ms. Marvelous: The Early Years
(or: "So You Want to Be a Sleek Sex Goddess")
An intimate look at just how Ms. Marvelous got started in the superhero business.

Disclaimer: Kyle Stone is mine, the rest is Marvel's.
It's amazing how much silliness that I can turn out while trying to avoid working on a story that I should be working on < g >.



The couple sat in Kyle Stone's office, in uncomfortable chairs placed before the man's desk. Seeing as they were staring deep into the other's eyes, they barely noticed their surrounding, or the fact that the owner of the office had arrived.

"Ahem!" Kyle said loudly, wincing at the sickening feeling of love permeating his office. He dropped down into his chair and put on his best disapproving look as he faced the two lovebirds.

"Mr. Stone," the woman nodded politely.

"Rogue," Kyle said, returning her nod. "Gambit. What are you two doing here?"

Gambit grinned and wrapped his arm around Rogue's shoulder. His grin was enough to make Kyle ill. "We want a marriage certificate."

"What?!" Kyle wheezed.

"We're getting married!" Rogue exclaimed, her grin mirroring Gambit's in intensity. "After all these years, we're finally getting married!"

"I'm afraid I can't allow that!" Kyle said sternly, and winced slightly as Rogue shot him a deadly glare. 'Why do I always get stuck with the violent ones?'

"And why not!?" Gambit snarled angrily.

"Accent," Kyle reminded them absently. "The rules won't allow it."

Gambit glared. "Nothing is going to stop us from getting married!" he exclaimed, placing emphasis on the 'th'.

"You know that there are certain conditions which must be met before a marriage is allowed."

"We've angsted," Rogue growled, "about my power, his past, Joseph, and just about everything else imaginable. I even left him to freeze to death! What more 'exciting' adventures do we need before we're allowed to be happy!"

Kyle cleared his throat nervously. "Well, the population likes the both of you better as tortured, suffering loves."

"No they don't!" Gambit snapped irritably. "Everybody hates us like this! They think that we're too angsty and don't do anything to fix our problems. Believe me, they'll be happier when we're married and aren't angsting any more."

"I don't--"

"You're going to let us get married, or I won't hesitate to crush every bone in your body!" Rogue hissed, her hands waving in front of Kyle threateningly.

Kyle sighed. His bosses weren't going to be happy about this, but he was more concerned about not having to be sent to the hospital again. He was still in debt from the hospital bill after that encounter with Storm.

"Fine, go ahead, get married. Just don't come complaining to me when nobody likes you any more."

Rogue huffed indignantly and Gambit gave one last glare before they headed out, marriage certificate in hand.

 

End

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines