Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
Alternate Realities >
"The Sun Will Shine Again"

The Sun Will Shine Again

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Note: I've decided that since I had to mess with Gambit's life enough to make him older and give him a child, I could mess with it a little bit more. So, everything you know about Gambit's life before and just as he was joining the X-Men, forget it. This is my version of Gambit now. But I'm not going to change him too much from the Cajun we all know and love. Just thought I'd let people know what I'm doing.
Disclaimer: Red Lagoski, Beau the bartender, the giant without a name, Lizzie, and Deven belong to me. (and no, battery are not included if you use then without permission, they blow up instead) Sinister, Belle, Remy, and Jean-Luc LeBeau belong to Marvel. If I'm making money from this, then someone forgot to tell me.


The Sun Will Shine Again

Chapter 8

Lizzie cowered in the corner of her cell. She lay in the fetal position, her legs drown up to her body, and her chin resting on her knees. She hadn't moved from this position since she had been brought here three days ago. She had been brought trays of delicious smelling food, which stayed, uneaten, by the door to her cell. She didn't have an appetite.

She hadn't slept since she had been brought here ether. Every time she closed her eyes, her momma's bloody face appeared before her, and her crying would start all over again. She had no more tears, and her voice was horse, but she made the sounds and she shook with her dry crying. It was rather pathetic.

Sinister turned away from the one-way window where he had been standing, watching the girl, and looked to the box where the boy was kept. He had been angry... furious at his giant when the man had given him the boy. But after a few test, it showed that the boy was younger then he appeared. And what was even more remarkable was the fact that he looked just like the girl. Their facile fetches were much in the same, hair color exactly alike, they both even had the same dimple at the left corner of their mouths.

The two could have been born from the same womb.

More tests showed that the boy was not months older then the girl, but days. And a look into his mind showed all the hardships he had suffered through in his short life. The boy was quite interesting, and Sinister had no doubts whatsoever that he would be able to survive the treatments every bit as well as the girl.

When he was through with them both, they would be the perfect weapons with which to destroy all of his enemy. But the treatments would have to wait. Right now, he had a job for a certain Cajun to do.


The door to Lizzie's cell creaked open and a huge man walked in with a tray of food. He looked down at the other trays and frowned. She hadn't touched any of her food. He wasn't happy with that. He wasn't happy that she was locked up here, ether. But He couldn't do anything about that, and she needed food to survive.

He came up to where she was rolled in a ball on the floor. Her eyes traveled up his body to his face, but she moved nothing else. He sat done on the floor beside her, careful not to spill the hot tomato soup on himself or the girl. He sat the tray down and pushed it to her. She just inched away from it a bit. He pushed it closer, indicating with his head that it was for her.

Lizzie backed herself against the wall, keeping her eyes on the huge man the whole time. She shook her head. "Don' want t' eat." She said softly, it was the first time she'd spoken since being brought here.

The giant frowned and pushed the tray at her harder. The tomato soup spilled a little over the bowl onto the tray. Lizzie was backed into the wall now, and she had to sit up. The giant smiled when she did, and motioned with his hands and head that the food was good.

Lizzie sat there staring at him. She felt something different when he had come in, and she didn't quite know what it was, but she wasn't so scared anymore. "C-can' you talk?" She asked quietly.

The big man looked startled for a moment, then nodded his head. "Y-yes." He said. His voice was deep, gruff, unused, and it fit the size of his body. It also made Lizzie feel a lot better, and then she realized what it was that she was feeling.

Normal.

She couldn't feel IT. It was as if IT were gone, and all there was was this huge giant who didn't seem like he could hurt a fly. She smiled at him.

Encouraged by the smile, he picked up the bowl of soup and the spoon and handed it to her. She shook her head. "I n't hungry." She said, as she did, her stomach growled and gave away the lie. The giant lifted his eyebrows as if to say, "Oh yeah?" and pushed the bowl at her more.

"You're persistent." She took the bowl from him. It did smell good, and she was awful hungry. She took a little sip of it and was surprised at how delicious it tasted. "T'ank you. Very good." He smiled and nodded, happy that she was eating. Within a matter of seconds the bowl was empty. He took it from her, and was about to fill it again with more soup from a thermos, but she shook her head. "Non. I full. Honest. T'iefs promise."

He just nodded, and closed the thermos, then started to stand, but Lizzie reached out to him. "Please don'. I- it lonely here. Please... stay." He looked at her uncertain for a moment, then sat back down. Lizzie smiled sadly. "T'ank you."

They just sat there staring at each other for a few minutes Lizzie not knowing what to say, and the giant not wanting to say anything. Then Lizzie realized she didn't know his name. She rubbed her dirty hand on her even dirtier jeans and held it out to him to shake. "My name Lizzie. Wha yours?" He just stared at the hand not sure what to do with it, and shrugged. "Don' you 'ave a name?" He shook his head. "Dat's silly! E'ery momma an' poppa give dere kid a name. What did your momma call you?" Again he shrugged and looked down at the floor. Lizzie thought she knew what he was thinking. "You didn' know your momma? Wha 'bout your poppa?" Again he shook his head.

"You don' want t' be here eat'er." It wasn't a question. It was a fact. He didn't say much, okay he didn't say anything at all, but he hadn't tried to hurt her, and for some reason, Lizzie felt safe with him. "Don' worry. My poppa goin'a came an' save me. Den I help you go too. My poppa's de best t'ief dere is, and he goin' t' come get me soon!"

"You have no idea how true that statement is, girl." Lizzie's head popped up, and the giant was on his feet faster then it could seem possible for a man that size. Lizzie could see IT standing in the open doorway of her cell. He didn't look much like Pennywise The Dancing Clown, or much like Tim Curry for that matter, but she still thought of him as IT. And it was the most appropriate name she could think of for him.

His face was pale, and it reminded her of the rice powder women who stand on Bourbon Street wore. It stood out with his black hair and black clothing. On his forehead was a red diamond shaped thing. His eyes were red like her poppa's, but also not like his. IT's eyes were cold and hard, her poppa's eyes had always been filled to the brim with love. IT couldn't ever know what love was. Lizzie knew it.

His armor, costume thing, was all black with the exception of a red diamond, like the one on his head, on his chest, a red belt, and a high red color. The color reminded her somewhat of Dracula's. But IT was far more scarier then Dracula. He also had ribbon-like thingees coming out the top of his back. "You!" IT turned to the giant. "Bring the boy." The giant nodded his head. He walked out of the cell mumbling, "Yes, Master" as he past IT. Then giant was gone, and Lizzie was left alone with IT.

IT moved into the cell, leaving the door open. And came to stand before her. "Your father asked I bring you here. It was a shame really, that you didn't see your mother's death, that was what he was hoping for."

"Liar!" Lizzie yelled coming to her feet. She looked up at IT and she knew her eyes had changed their color to the red on black that always came with anger. "You lie! My father n't hurt me! N't hurt Momma! He love us!"

IT smiled and Lizzie shrank away. "You think so, do you little girl? Well, Elizabeth, you are quite sadly mistaken. Your beloved father, in order to prove his love for his new wife, allowed her to murder your mother, and gave you to me to do as I please. And I have the perfect torment for you child. Shall I tell you what it will be?"

"no No NO NOO!! You lie! Poppa love me! He save me!" She screamed and disappeared. She ducked between his legs and sprinted to the open door of her cell. But before she was halfway across the room, hands grabbed her shirt from behind, and she was yanked from invisibility. Pain shot up her body like electricity and she screamed as if she were dying, just before she past out.

"You can never run from me, child."


Jean-Luc LeBeau walked into Lagoski's hoping to find his son. And he did. Remy was sitting in the darkest part of the room, a bottle of half touched rum sitting in front of him. Four more bottles were behind him on the floor. He didn't notice his father come in, or he didn't care. Jean-Luc watched as he picked up the bottle and took a swig from it.

He walked more into the room, and everything quieted. This was a Thieves' Guild bar, and everyone in the room know who he was. He nodded his head, and swept his hand through the air as to say continue on. The music started again, and people returned to their conversations.

Jean-Luc walked up to the bar and motioned the bartender over. He looked up, surprised that it wasn't Red Lagoski, the owner, behind the bar. But he knew this boy too. "Beau, where Red?" He asked.

The boy shrugged. "Remy came in 'bout two hours 'go an' dey talk, den Red up an' leave. Didn' say a word, jus' storm outta here like his tail on fire. Remy boy, he jus sit dere askin' f' rum. He done drank up most o' our stock o'. Dat dere his fifth one 'night, an' he was drunk 'fore he came in here."

"T'ank you, Beau. T'ink m'boy an' I need ta talk."

"Yes, sir. C'n I get you anyt'ing?"

"Non." He pushed himself away from the bar, and walked over to Remy's table and pulled a chair out from across him.

Remy looked up as his father sat down. "Allo, Father. Wha you doin' here?"

"I t'ink I c'n ask you da same t'ing. Don' you 'ave no since, boy? Don' you know you getin' married tomorrow?"

"I know." He mumbled. "An' I got plenty o' since. Jus' wanted t' talk t' Red. But he leave. Want some?" He asked holding out the bottle of rum.

"Non I don'!" Jean-Luc grabbed the bottle from his son's hand and threw it across the room. It shattered on the pool table spraying the players with alcohol and glass.

"Hey now! Dat stuff expensive!"

"Come on Remy boy. As is you goin' ta 'ave a very bad hangover on your weddin' day. We got de t'ree day fais dodo af'er da ceremony dat you could be gettin' drunk at.'

"Dere ain't goin' t' be a fais dodo, Father."

"An' den after dat, you got your whole life ta get drunk. But why you 'ave ta get drunk de night 'fore your wedding?"

"Dere ain't goin' t' be a wedding, et'er, Father."

"What you t'ink Belle goin' ta t'ink her groom up at da- wha you say?"

Remy sighed. Already he was more then half sober. No matter how much he drank in the last few days, he could never get more then half drunk, and now his father was taking away that little bit of a buzz. "I say dere n't goin' t' be a weddin'. I n't marry Belle."

"Oh, now, son. We been t'rough dis 'fore. You are goin' t' marry Belle an' dat it. Dat woman you got is jus' goin' ta 'ave ta wait."

"Juliet, gone, Father. She take Lizzie, an' dey left. Dey n't comin' back, an' I never see my daughter 'gain."

Jean-Luc stared at his son in amazement, This was the kind of news he'd been hoping for ever since Lizzie was born. Although he did love the child, and had made sure that Remy teach her the ways of the Guild and thieving, because if Belle didn't have any children, then Lizzie was Remy's hire. But now that they were gone, Remy shouldn't be having any more thoughts about not marrying Belle. He shouldn't be, but apparently he was.

"I sorry, son. But dat don' mean you can' marry Belle."

Remy just stared at his father as if the man had lost his mind. "'Ow c'n you say da-" A light seemed to shine in Remy's eyes as something clinked together. "You."

"Henh?"

"You did it. You told Juliet t' leave! T' take my daughter and go!" He pushed the table over and grabbed Jean-Luc by the front of his shirt. "You made dem leave, didn' you ol' man? You de one who take my daughter!"

"Non, Remy. Son I-"

"Where are dey?"

"I don' know! I didn' do-"

"Where?!?!"

"I don' know! Why you t'ink I do dat ta you? I love you son!"

"Non," Remy let go of his shirt, and his father fell to the ground. "You don' love me. You only love what I c'n do f' you. Good bye, Father. Don' t'ink I see you 'round." He turned and walked past the stunned patrons of the bar toward the door.

"Remy!" Jean-Luc called out. Remy posed before pushing open the door. "If you leave, you ne'er come back ta N'Awlens 'gain! You hear me, boy? You walk out dat door, an' you no longer my son!"

Remy looked hung his head, and thought about turning back. "Good bye Father." He said. "You c'n call me Gambit now." And he walked out the door. Just another lost soul in the crowd.

 

Continued in Chapter 9

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines