Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
Sillyfics

Stories by Northlight

"Crisis"
On one bright, beautiful morning, the X-Men awaken to face their deadliest foe ever: bad hair.

"Inquiring Minds"
A mysterious figure decides to "tell all" about the secret lives of the X-Men in a bestselling book.

"Just in Time for Christmas"
Gambit is rescued in Antarctica -- by Santa Claus?

"Love and Pain"
Stuck in the "waiting room" between appearances in their respective series, Gambit and Angel (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) compare notes on their respective problems.

"Reunions and Other Troubles"
The sequel to "Love and Pain," Gambit and Angel escape from Limbo and are reunited with their respective love interests.

"Maybe Just a Little Strange"
The true origin of Wolverine is revealed.

"Nothing More"
In response to Alara Rogers' challenge to kill off one's favorite character, Northlight writes her own version of Rogue's death as a result of Dr. Agee's "cure."

"Of Cooties and Dice"
Rogue, Jean and Storm get a little too involved in their board game.

"One of Those Days"
An evil villain attacks -- and so does Murphy's Law, as the X-Men suffer multiple "insignificant" inconveniences on their way to the battle.

"Reflections"
Sitting on the roof, Rogue looks back on what really happened in Antarctica as she tries to avoid the other X-Men.

"Searching for Justice"
A man tries to seek justice for the death of his sister as a result of Dr. Agee's "cure."

"Sightings"
A woman named Lindsey, with the unique power of appearing to be whoever someone else wants them to be, meets a frantic woman on the street and walks into another case of mistaken identity.

"Skin Crawl"
A unique take on Rogue's feelings toward her powers.

"Small Problems"
Rogue awakens to the incessantly annoying attempts of a misguided mosquito to get a morning snack.

"Substitutions"
Realizing the sheer stupidity of fighting in the dead heat of summer, Magneto and the X-Men decide to get slushies together. Since TheAudience still needs to be entertained, the PTB find replacements for the heroes and villain.

"Summer Vacation"
In a follow-up to "Substitutions," the X-Men prepare to go on a real vacation and leave their "replacements" in charge of the Mansion.

"That's What Happens"
Wondering about the practicality of Rogue's skimpy little outfit in UXM 353-4, Northlight writes her version of what could happen if Rogue's not careful...

"The Super Beings Bureau Saga"
A series of short stories about the Super Beings Bureau, someplace all super-powered types have to visit at one point or another.

"The Susan Smith Show"
A series of talk shows in which various super hero-types discuss the issues that affect their lives.

"Touch"
For someone like Rogue, the sense of touch can mean any number of things.

"Untitled Random Mutterings"
A series of vignettes in which Rogue deals with engagement, marriage, parenthood and growing older.

"Watching from a Distance"
We all know how the heroes feel. But how about their parents? This story is from Rogue's mother's perspective, as she watches her daughter grow up through news reports and newspaper headlines.

E-mail: uzenet@videotron.ca

Web site: Northlight's Page

The people are Marvel's. The bugs belong to Milton Bradley.
~Silliness ahead~


Of Cooties and Dice

"C'mon baby!" Jean exclaimed, rolling the die in her palm. A quick flick of her wrist sent the cube sailing over the floor to land at Storm's bare foot.

Ororo glanced down at side of the die laying upwards. "Four," she announced, a slight smile on her lips. "And Rogue has a two. I go first."

The die rattled around in her thin brown hands briefly before being dropped back onto the carpeted floor. A six stared up at them.

Jean pounced on the die, quickly taking it back into her hand. "One!" she told the die sternly before letting it roll. The die obviously had different ideas as it mimicked Ororo's turn and landed on a six.

'Now, watch the master!" Rogue proclaimed grandly as she plucked up the die.  She sent it rolling. "Damn it!" she pouted when the die came to a stop. She hadn't had more luck than the others.

Jean and Ororo both grinned at the petulant expression on Rogue's face before turning back to the more serious matters at hand -- getting a Cootie body.

The die passed between them two more times before the sought after one finally landed on Storm's turn. She took the small, plastic blue Cootie body triumphantly.

"Ok, no more games!" Jean grinned as she let the die fly once again.

Several minutes later, the three women were down to the last moments of the game.  They were neck in neck, each of them missing two Cootie legs each. The tension in the air was almost unbearable as each of them tried her best to roll that oh so desired six.

"Five!" Rogue howled indignantly. "I didn't get any fives when I wanted them, and now I can't stop rolling them!" She glared at the offensive die angrily.

"Calm down, Rogue," Jean told the highly exasperated woman. "This is only a game, after all." The die spun out of her hand.  "Yes! I got a six! Woo Hoo!" Jean shrieked, grabbing at one of the yellow Cootie legs.

"Remember Jean, it's only a game," Ororo reminded her as Jean eagerly connected the limb to her Cooties body.

"You're just upset that my Cootie is cuter than your Cootie!" Jean replied, cradling her nearly complete plastic bug in her hand. Her motion sent it's eyes tumbling out and Rogue burst into laughter as Jean scrounged around the carpet looking for them.

Another few minutes, Ororo's Cootie was proudly displayed before the other two women. "I win!" she announced.

"You got lucky this time," Rogue replied. She looked at her own lopsided Cootie, still missing its last leg. "Why don't we see it that luck lasts another round."

"Are you finished in here?" Xavier asked from the doorway. He peeked into the room, quickly taking in the completed (or nearly so) forms of the Cooties resting on the floor.

"Not yet," Jean answered quickly. "We're going up for another round." She turned back to her Cootie and quickly pulled it apart, readying for another game.

Xavier sighed and backed out of the room. Those three had been playing Cootie for the last hour.

"Are they done yet?" Wolverine growled anxiously as Xavier came into view.

"Not yet," Charles sighed again. "They're going onto another round."

"That's it!" Gambit exclaimed suddenly, his eyes narrowing. "Next time, we get the Cooties before they do!"

The men nodded as a cry of "C'mon One!" rang out into the hall.

 

~End~

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines